Share this release
WABC Premieres ‘Broadway Backstage: Spring Preview,’ Saturday, March 19 (7:00 P.M.), With Rebroadcast on Sunday, March 20 (5:30 A.M.)
View “Broadway Backstage Spring Preview” Trailer
ABC7/WABC-TV New York premieres “Broadway Backstage: Spring Preview” on Saturday, March 19 (7:00 p.m.), with a rebroadcast on Sunday, March 20 (5:30 a.m.). The half-hour special is a sneak peek of the most popular musicals and plays debuting on Broadway this spring. Eyewitness News anchor Michelle Charlesworth and Tony®-nominated Broadway, TV and film performer Norm Lewis host the preview special.
The special highlights Broadway “firsts” such as meeting the stars making history as the first-ever Black women to play leading roles in both “Phantom of the Opera” and “Wicked,” with Emilie Kouatchou playing Christine and Brittney Johnson playing Glinda.
Special interviews and spotlights include the following:
- Actress Vanessa Williams stars in the comedy “POTUS” about the women who surround and support the president.
- Interviews with “swing” actors from “The Music Man,” who were praised by Hugh Jackman for “saving the day” during the pandemic
- Actress Debra Messing shares how her character ages 90 years on stage in “Birthday Candles.”
- Revealing interview with Jesse Williams from “Take Me Out”
- Married couple and actors Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick share an inside look at their Neil Simon play, “Plaza Suite.”
- Actress Jane Lynch reveals why her new role as Fanny Brice’s mother in “Funny Girl” touches her heart.
“Broadway Backstage: Spring Preview” is available to stream on ABC7’s 24/7 streaming channel, abc7ny.com,ABC7NY’s Connected TV Apps onAmazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV andRoku.
WABC-TV has been the leader in local news and entertainment programming in the New York City area for more than 60 years. Producing more than 45 hours of live, local news and weather each week, Channel 7 “Eyewitness News”is the most watched local news in New York and the United States. WABC-TV also produces “Live with Kelly and Ryan,” weekdays at 9:00 a.m., which is seen in more than 200 markets across the U.S. Quality news and programming, cutting-edge technology and ongoing community outreach are the hallmarks of excellence that have consistently kept WABC-TV New York’s No. 1 station and the most-watched television station in the nation.
ABC Owned Television Stations
Elita Adjei, Director of Communications & Publicity
(424) 247 3517 mobile