Share this release
WABC’s Breast Cancer Special ‘Breakthroughs for Breast Cancer’ Returns Friday, Oct. 7 (12:30 P.M.), With a Rebroadcast on Sunday, Oct. 9 (5:00 A.M.)
ABC7/WABC-TV New York’s Emmy® Award-winning annual half-hour breast cancer series returns with a new special, “Breakthroughs For Breast Cancer,” airing Friday, Oct. 7 (12:30 p.m.), with a rebroadcast on Sunday, Oct. 9 (5:00 a.m.).
Hosted by Eyewitness News anchor Liz Cho, this year’s “Breakthroughs For Breast Cancer” special highlights the latest developing treatments, cutting-edge advances, and breakthroughs made through the stories of women whose lives have been changed.
Special interviews and spotlights include the following:
- “Good Morning America” anchor Amy Robach, a vocal advocate for cancer research, recounts her story of getting a life-saving mammogram and encourages other women to be vigilant.
- An African American breast cancer survivor who has teamed up with the American Cancer Society and made it her mission to make sure other Black women know the genetic risk of breast cancer and how to increase their chances of survival.
- A New York woman shares her encouraging story on how doctors’ latest use for a drug is cutting her cancer markers in half and radically changing how they treat some breast cancer patients.
- A Long Island woman recounts how she pushed for her local hospital to offer her an innovative new state-of-the-art procedure — the robotic surgery that helps reduce scarring and recovery times for women with mastectomies and reconstructive surgery — and how her efforts are helping women recover faster.
- A new procedure that drastically reduces chronic conditions caused by breast cancer surgery and helps to eliminate the pain and swelling of lymphedema, saving some women years of suffering.
“Breakthroughs For Breast Cancer” is available to stream on ABC7’s 24/7 streaming channel, abc7ny.com,andABC7NY’s Connected TV Apps onAmazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, andRoku.
WABC-TV has been the leader in local news and entertainment programming in the New York City area for more than 60 years. Producing more than 45 hours of live local news and weather each week, Channel 7 “Eyewitness News”is the most watched local news in New York and the United States. WABC-TV also produces “Live with Kelly and Ryan,” weekdays at 9:00 a.m., which is seen in more than 200 markets across the U.S. Quality news and programming, cutting-edge technology, and ongoing community outreach are the hallmarks of excellence that have consistently kept WABC-TV New York’s No. 1 station and the most-watched television station in the nation.
ABC Owned Television Stations