Share this release
ABC30/KFSN-TV Fresno Special ‘Children First: All About the Arts’ Airs This Sunday, Dec. 12 (6:30 P.M. PDT)
Viewers Can Stream Live on ABC30’s Connected TV Apps on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku
ABC30/KFSN-TV Fresno, the No. 1 source for local news in central California, will air “Children First: All About the Arts” on SUNDAY, Dec. 12 (6:30 p.m. PDT), and stream live on ABC30’s connected TV apps on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Roku. Hosted by ABC30 anchors Landon Burke and Vanessa Vasconcelos, the half-hour special will focus on arts in the local community.
According to Arts Education Partnership, creativity is one of the top five skills employers seek in a job candidate. ABC30 takes an in-depth look at how the arts can improve a child’s social-emotional well-being.
Local stories include the following:
- Tulare County students prepare for the production of “Disney’sThe Lion King Jr.” The experience helps students connect, engage and learn team-building skills.
- Video production students at El Diamante High School earn local and national honors with their sci-fi thriller “Incursion.”
- ABC30 follows a music therapist at Valley Children’s Hospital to share how she is helping young patients cope through music.
- McLane High School has a Hmong Dance group that educates others about their culture through dance.
- Kingsburg High School’s band is back in formation, performing in front of crowds and helping students thrive!
Children First is a year-round effort focusing on challenges and opportunities among our youth in Central California. The program shows how the average person can make a difference in a child’s life and highlights local organizations working with children. The Children First campaign includes half-hour programs like “All About the Arts,” public service announcements (PSAs) and special stories on Action News. ABC30 thanks its partners Educational Employees Credit Union, Tulare County Office of Education, Valley Children’s Healthcare for putting Children First in the Central Valley.
KFSN-TV ABC30 is the No. 1 source for local news in central California, both online and on the air. The station has dominated the local news ratings in the San Joaquin Valley for decades as a leader in multiplatform audience engagement. KFSN-TV is an ABC owned television station based in Fresno, serving Fresno, Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Tulare and Kings counties.
ABC30 Fresno/ABC Owned Television Stations