No contacts found
Share this release
KABC-TV Los Angeles Presents ‘ABC7 Solutions: Hiring SoCal’ Virtual Town Hall to Discuss Economic Impact of the Coronavirus Crisis
Virtual Town Hall to Stream Thursday, May 14 (9:30 – 10:30 a.m. PDT)
Stream Live Exclusively on abc7.com and ABC7’s connected TV apps on Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku and tvOS
KABC-TV, Southern California’s most-watched television station, presents a one-hour “ABC7 Solutions: Hiring SoCal” virtual town hall on THURSDAY, MAY 14 (9:30 – 10:30 a.m. PDT), to discuss the economic impact and unprecedented unemployment rate during the coronavirus crisis. The virtual town hall is hosted by ABC7’s Eyewitness News anchor Phillip Palmer.
The virtual town hall builds on ABC7 Solutions initiative that has been reporting on the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, Palmer will share what companies are currently hiring during the pandemic. The town hall will feature a panel of employment experts for a discussion on the realities of the job market over the next few months, highlighting industries that are hiring right now and sharing recommendations on launching a successful job search in the current economic climate. Viewers can submit questions at abc7.com or on ABC7’s Instagram page @abc7la.
Panelists include the following:
- Jake Soberal, CEO, Bitwise and creator of employment website OnwardCA
- Angela Reddock-Wright, employment attorney
- Jamecca Marshall, program director, Urban League
- Daniel Zhao, senior economist, Glassdoor
- Larissa Gerlach, head of recruitment, 80Twenty employment agency
The virtual town hall will stream live exclusively on abc7.com and the new ABC7 Los Angeles connected TV apps for Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku and tvOS. A recording of the virtual town hall will also be available at ABC7.com immediately following the live stream.
ABC7 Solutions has produced a series of jobs-focused reports including the following:
- interviews with local government officials across Southern California about the economic recovery and unemployment relief programs available to residents
- discussions with major job placement agencies including LinkedIn, Indeed, Wallethub, and Glassdoor about the current jobs market
- a week-long spotlight on the grocery industry that is actively hiring during the pandemic
- tips from various colleges to prepare recent graduates and new entrants to the job market
About KABC Los Angeles
ABC7 Los Angeles is Southern California’s No. 1 local news and information source. ABC7 is a leader in digital and social audience engagements and was the first station in the Los Angeles market to regularly broadcast news in high definition and also the first local television station in the United States to surpass 2 million Facebook followers. The station’s offices and studio are located in Glendale, California.