No contacts found
Share this release
ABC7/KABC-TV Los Angeles to Stream Virtual Town Hall on the Effect of COVID-19 on Health, Finances and the Rise in Discrimination
‘Race and Coronavirus: A SoCal Conversation’ Virtual Town Hall to Stream Today, Wednesday, May 20 (2:00 – 3:00 p.m. PDT)
Stream live at abc7.com and ABC7’s connected TV apps on Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku
KABC, Southern California’s most-watched television station, will live stream “Race and Coronavirus: A SoCal Conversation” virtual town hall on today, Wednesday, May 20 (2:00-3:00 p.m. PDT). The solutions-based, action-oriented virtual summit will discuss the health and financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on racial and ethnic groups, plus the rise in discrimination.
Led by Eyewitness News reporter Veronica Miracle today at 2 p.m. PDT, a group of experts will discuss the effects and impact of the unprecedented coronavirus pandemic across communities. Panelists include medical professionals and health policy experts to provide data, tips and resources.
Featured guests include the following:
- Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson – Mr. Harris Dawson chairs the city’s Planning Land Use and Management committee while introducing policies that combat homelessness, create quality jobs, clean streets and encourage community policing.
- Bing Chen, chairman and co-founder, Gold House – Gold House is the largest collective of pioneering leaders dedicated to forging stronger bonds that enhance Asian representation and success.
- Maria Salinas, president and CEO, Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce – Ms. Salinas oversees the largest business association in Los Angeles County representing member companies and serving the interests of more than 235,000 businesses across the Los Angeles region.
- Dr. Veronica Contreras of AltaMed – A family medicine and urgent care physician with AltaMed Health Services, Dr. Contreras has spent years working in underserved communities and has firsthand knowledge of how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Latinos.
- Dr. David Carlisle, president and CEO, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) – Dr. Carlisle is a published author in health policy, quality of care, medical education diversity, and eliminating health disparities.
Viewers can submit their questions online at abc7.com for possible inclusion in the town hall.
The virtual town hall will stream live on abc7.com and the new ABC7 Los Angeles connected TV apps for Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku.
ABC7 Los Angeles is Southern California’s No. 1 local news and information source. ABC7 is a leader in digital and social audience engagements and was the first station in the Los Angeles market to regularly broadcast news in high definition and also the first local television station in the United States to surpass 2 million Facebook followers. The station’s offices and studio are located in Glendale, California.