Share this release
ABC7/KABC-TV Los Angeles Hosts a Panel Discussion With Election Experts to Educate and Address Viewers’ Voting Concerns
Special Guest Actor Kal Penn Joins Town Hall to Discuss Why the Millennial Vote Matters
‘Your Voice Your Vote: Make Your Vote Count’ Virtual Town Hall Will Air on ABC7, and Stream Live Sept. 26 at 9:00 p.m. PDT
Viewers Can Stream Live on abc7.com and ABC7’s connected TV apps on Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku
ABC7/KABC-TV presents “Your Voice Your Vote: Make Your Vote Count” town hall to discuss the upcoming election and answer numerous questions raised by viewers about the voting system. The one-hour town hall will air SATURDAY, SEPT. 26 (9:00 p.m. PDT) on ABC7 and across ABC7’s connected TV apps. The town hall will be hosted by ABC7 anchor Marc Brown.
Brown will address numerous voting concerns ABC7 is hearing from the community. He will help viewers understand the myths versus the facts as he delves into numerous topics of concern with the panel of experts. The panel is prepared to answer questions if voting is safe from fraud, the impact on marginalized and non-speaking English communities who don’t vote and the inequities that exist, concerns around in-person voting during the pandemic, how to reach and educate millennials on the importance of how their vote matters and many other concerns.
ABC7 anchor Phillip Palmer will break down everything viewers need to know about important voter deadlines, how to register to vote, check voter registration, and successfully cast and track their ballot.
Community journalist, Sophie Flay will speak to actor Kal Penn, who is the host of Freeform’s new election-themed series “Kal Penn Approves This Message,” which premiered Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020 and is available on Hulu. Penn will discuss the non-partisan, multiplatform unscripted comedy series which explores issues relevant to millennial and Gen Z voters.
Panelist include the following:
- Neal Kelley, Registrar of Voters for Orange County, California, the fifth largest voting jurisdiction in the United States, serving more than 1.6 million registered voters.
- Dean C. Logan, Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Los Angeles County, the largest and most complex election jurisdiction in the nation, serving more than 4.3 million registered voters
- Jonathan Mehta Stein, executive director of California Common Cause, and a civil rights attorney and long-time democracy reform advocate
- Diana Colin, director of Civic Engagement at the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA) and the program director with the CHIRLA Action Fund
- Allen Edson, president, NAACP Pasadena
- Michael Alvarez, professor, political and Computational Social Science, CalTech and a fellow of the Society for Political Methodology
The virtual town hall will air on ABC7 and stream LIVE at abc7.com, ABC7 Los Angeles app and ABC7 Los Angeles connected TV apps for Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku.
About ABC7/KABC-TV Los Angeles
Located in Glendale, California, ABC7 Los Angeles is Southern California’s No. 1 local news and information source. A prominent leader in digital and social audience engagements, ABC 7 was the first station in the Los Angeles market to regularly broadcast news in high definition and also the first local television station in the United States to surpass 3 million Facebook followers. The station continues to proudly serve its community with deep partnerships including its exclusive local broadcast of the Los Angeles Rams and LA Pride. An award-winning station, ABC7 was most recently honored with four 2020 Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) for news coverage, receiving the distinction for Overall Excellence, Breaking News Coverage, Excellence in Video, and Best Newscast.
VP, Corporate Communications, Walt Disney Television